Command line #swift
If you are like me, you would like to work on command line. Here is a quick snippet to get Swift working in terminal.
By default Swift, is not visible in the terminal profile. Execute the below command.
echo “alias swift=’/Applications/Xcode6-Beta2.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/swift’” » ~/.bash_profile | source ~/.bash_profile | sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode6-Beta2.app/Contents/Developer
Now type: swift
If you have code runner,
- Go to Preferences > languages
- Add a new language Swift
- Type “./$filename” in Run command
- Type “#!/usr/bin/env xcrun swift -i” in Code template
- File extension: swift
Go #chicago #blackhawks (at United Center)
Reasons to secure your mobile app from SSL Pinning
If you are looking for reasons as to why you should pin a certificate to your app, then look no further. Below are my top 5 reasons:
- Get away from SSL certificate authority trust model.
- Prevent your users using your app through a rogue certificate from CA that is compromised.
- Prevent MITM (Man-in-the-middle) attacks.
- Prevent voluntarily snooping your apps traffic and knowing the structure of your APIs
- Prevent being able to alter your server responses.
#glassholes (at Wabash and Monroe)
Now my lil one #poses for pics. :-) (at Skinner Elementary)
Machine readable code reader in iOS 7
Apple’s introduction of the innovative Pass Kit and the Passbook, in 2012, provided developers with an expansive new range of applications. This interesting technology, however, was incomplete, as there was no ability to read a barcode. This caused developers to use costly third-party solutions in order to implement a barcode scanner. Now, in 2013, Apple has updated this technology, providing developers with the ability to automatically generate machine readable barcodes that are scannable with an iOS devise. In this post we will closely examine these updated API’s.
My soon to be open sourced, first #Pebble watch face app showing the live #BTC rate from #Mtgox. (at Presidential Towers)
#cta #loop #chicago #instagram #video #launch (at Walgreens Corporate - Ecom Office)
#wwdc #bash #sfo #vampire #weekend #2013 (at Yerba Buena Gardens)